Job Title: Azure Architect (W2)
Duration: 8+ months contract with possible extensions
Location: Berkley Heights, NJ / Dallas, TX / Coral Springs, FL
(Remote to Start due to Covid-19)
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to W2 candidates***
Job Summary: A Cloud Architect is responsible for designing and implementing information systems which will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization in the Cloud. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the cloud transformation agile team tasked with accelerating the cloud Lift and Shift approach for IaaS workloads migrating to Azure.
- Play a key role in our cloud first strategy, enabling maximum return on cloud investments through agile and mature cloud practices.
- Own the solution design and architecture for cloud transformation themes for identified areas or applications.
- Lead large scale migrations from on premise environments into Azure using Re-hosting, Re-platforming or Refactoring techniques depending on the use cases.
- Partner with the key stakeholders to select the best candidate projects for Azure cloud migration that provide the maximum business value and the right technical fit.
- Responsible for understanding the cloud migration use cases, architecting the go forward solution and developing technical solutions with Azure cloud services.
- Design target state architecture, HA/DR design and application automation framework for self service provisioning of cloud resources.
- Provide cloud expertise and direction on projects related to cloud architecture design, implementation and maintenance.
- Develop cloud architecture strategies, frameworks and reference models.
- Deliver best practices around provisioning, operations, and management of cloud environments.
- Ensure cloud design is adhering to required standards, high availability & DR requirements and industry based compliance needs.
- Conduct knowledge transfer sessions with the AppOps team for application automation scripts and cloud resource monitoring.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience in leading large scale cloud migration program.
- Experience with migrating applications to Azure public cloud, and refactoring or architecting applications for optimal cloud benefits.
- Proven knowledge in architecting the deployment of Microsofts Azure platforms and services.
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture, design patterns, cloud operations, and cloud cost models with hands on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements.
- Hands-on experience with a diverse range of cloud and on premise security technologies including IAM, next gen network firewalls, web application firewalls, DDOS mitigation, encryption technologies, security information and event management, threat and vulnerability management, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), containerization.
- Expert knowledge on IaC automation platforms, e.g., Terraform, Ansible, ARM or similar.
- Strong experience with cloud solution design patterns (microservices, messaging, distributed caching, containers)
- Experience in IaaS/PaaS workloads for automation, provisioning, and configuration management
- Design experience for HA of VMs and platforms within and across regions.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present ideas clearly and compellingly.
- Experience with Azure Cloud security and Monitoring (IaaS and PaaS)
- Fundamental knowledge of Hybrid Cloud connectivity (Express Routes), Peering, network architecture, VNETs, routing, NSGs.
- Experience with Azure cloud migration tools and processes (Azure Migrate etc.)
- Microsoft certification such as Cloud Solution Architect is a plus.
- Has thorough knowledge of infrastructure, application programming, and web and software applications.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Hands-on experience architecting and delivering large enterprise projects.
- Demonstrated industry efficiency in the fields of cloud native architecture.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in implementing Azure services in a variety of distributed computing enterprise environments.
- Ability to work with in a cross functional team as well as with various stakeholders.
- Experience working in financial services industry preferred.
**For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.