Job Title: Backend Python Programmer
Duration: 12-18 Month W2 Contract (NO C2C)
Location:Jersey City OR NYC
Required Pay Scale: $60-$85/hour
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
- Insight Regulatory reporting Developer. An experienced software engineer to lead development in US centric Regulatory reporting projects on the global Insight regulatory reporting platform. This position will join a scrum team of US based developers facing off to stakeholders based within region and forming the US arm of a global development team.
- The role will encompass designing and developing solutions, enhancing our automated testing capabilities. Being a Python/Quartz application, solid Python experience is highly advantageous though we would consider proven software engineers transitioning from other languages.
- The ideal candidate will join a wider organization which spans the globe in locations including London, Bromley, Chicago, New York, India and Singapore - this role in based in New Jersey.
- This is a newly formed team established to deliver US centric regulatory reporting projects following the successful initial implementation on US TRACE reporting on the Insight platform in 2022.
- The broader Regulatory technology group currently operates with 12 scrum teams each focused on specific projects within Regulatory space with approximately 100 staff.
• Experience of developing products through lifecycle of delivery (Agile practices)
• Experience of managing multiple stakeholders
• Experience of enterprise design requirements preferably at Bank of America or similar large investment bank
• Experience as a Python developer, or similar development language
• Fluency in the Python language + Standard libraries, preferably quartz or similar (e.g. JPMs Athena platform)
• Knowledge of test-driven development/BDD
• Experience with RDBMS, Data Modelling
**Other technologies we use**
• Grid computing
• NoSQL/Document Oriented databases - Cassandra, MongoDB
• Highly Available/Scalable Search - Elasticsearch
• Knowledge key regulations Mifid, EMIR, SFTR, CFTC
• Knowledge of data modelling including bank internal ( QzM, XA) and industry initiatives such as CDM
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600