This role works with our client's Market Risk Technology team, based in New York City/Jersey City, and offers an exciting opportunity for the selected candidate to work closely with the senior business stakeholders in the Global Portfolio Analysis, Global Risk Analytics and Global Market Risk teams. The role involves building subject matter knowledge on Market Risk exposure management for the Global Markets business across all asset classes and delivery responsibility on significant funded initiatives that are driving the build out of next generation Market Risk technology stack. The selected candidate will bring analytical skills, ability to work in global teams, with business stakeholders as well as technical experts in order to deliver the projects and grow their career within Market Risk technology that is now a key focus area for investment from the senior management team. Since the regulatory landscape continues to evolve, there is a need for Market Risk to work hand-in-hand with Front Office and this role offers the selected candidate a real potential to utilize their skills as well as learn how risk management spans across Front Office Trading desks all the way to Market Risk exposure management and eventually reported to the regulators.
• Ownership of work streams with business and technology stakeholders to discuss business problems
• Partner with Global Markets & Financial Risk (GMFR), Global Risk Analytics (GRA) and Model Risk Management (MRM) for business requirements
• Propose technology solutions to business problems and facilitate agreement with all stakeholders
• Cost estimation of technology solution and participate in budget approval process
• Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
• Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze large data sets
• Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
• Using Agile SDLC methodology, work with Product Owner/Product Manager for documentation/development of Epics and Stories
• Ownership of functional design of market risk applications
• Facilitate agreement on technical design with technology stakeholders
• Coordinate UAT activities, releases and migration events - track defects and progress on resolution
• Demonstration of new functionalities to business and technology stakeholders
• Adhere to risk mitigation plan defined by corporate audit
• Escalation of issues to senior partners in a timely manner
• Follow Enterprise Change Management (ECM) process
• Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact market risk technology
• Strong Market Risk, Risk, or Front Office experience
• Strong financial markets product knowledge
• Solid understanding of regulatory landscape
• Strong problem solving skills and experience of analyzing and validating large volumes of numerical data.
• Good organizational skills with efficient follow up on open items
• Exposure to Agile methodologies.
• Experience of all aspects of project life cycle
• Excellent technical skills; SQL, Excel, VBA and Python
• Computer Engineering and/or Financial Degree
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.