Job Title: Business Data Analyst
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Charlotte, NC or Jersey City, NJ (Remote during contract period)
Pay Scale: $50-55/hr W2 (Cannot subcontract or C2C)
Matlen Silver is actively recruiting for a Business Analyst with a strong Data Analysis background to define the end to end business & functional requirements to support the rapidly evolving regulatory and industry climate risk commitments and rules that our financial services client is required to follow. The key deliverables for this project include:
- Manage high quality, authoritative, end-to-end climate risk data supporting enterprise business processes
- Deliver controlled climate risk data for regulatory reporting, management reporting, analytical demands, and business decision making use cases
- Applies technical knowledge in determining integration requirements for Climate Risk Database.
- Serves as the liaison between product owners and development teams to elicit requirement deliverables for product design through interviews and workshop meetings with subject matter experts, product owners, and stakeholders.
- Captures detailed requirements and creates high level design documentation, activity workflows, business data dictionaries and data mapping documents.
- Coordinates the collaboration between various teams to support application development using best practices in AGILE methodologies.
- Conducts regular analysis, through data visualization and SQL Querying, to draw business-relevant conclusions and accurately communicate findings and possible solutions.
- Evaluates, tests, and recommends enhancement opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis and requirements documentation in an Agile development environment
- 3+ years of experience working with clients or stakeholder groups to resolve issues and design solutions
- 2+ years in an environment with heavy data analysis
- Basic SQL Skills; able to create and run SQL scripts using TOAD.
- Exposure to the Risk and Compliance domains
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing for at least two projects, including test script creation, execution and defect validation.
- Experience working directly with developers to communicate/interpret business requirements
- Experience with writing documentation in Confluence Wiki
- Experience with JIRA workflow management
- Effective written communication skills, with experience in writing Epics & Stories in an Agile environment as well as HLD, LLD design documents
- Familiarity with Oracle and Informatica database and ETL tools is nice to have
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600