Matlen Silver is actively recruiting for a Solution Architect to support our global insurance client's Mainframe Modernization initiatives. This position can sit 100% remote but may require some travel in the future to NJ if the role converts to FTE. We need someone who is detail-oriented, analytical, and understands how to design modernized technical solutions, specifically migrating from legacy mainframe technologies, including implementing strategies for refactoring mainframe code into distributed or low/no-code solutions on cloud platforms. This project has a high level of visibility from senior leadership as they move off of mainframe and evolve into the AWS cloud.
Top 3 skills: Legacy Modernization project experience, Mainframe (prior engineering experience desired), AWS architecture
- Mainframe background and modernization projects moving to a distributed or cloud platform
- Experience In legacy modernization projects as an architect with experience refactoring mainframe code in a distributed environment
- Road Mapping to articulate implementation recommendation on multiyear strategies
- Insurance/Financial Services background is highly preferred
- Distributed technology development in Java, and/or Spring Boot, Salesforce, AWS, Mulesoft, Python, Tableau
- Low-code or No-code business process engineering experience in a plus.
- Ability to understand re-engineering practices and how new technology stacks can implement rules and processes flows a must.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.