Job Title: CNG Engineer
Location: Berkeley Heights NJ / Marietta GA
Hybrid 50% on site
Contract: 11 months + CTH
• Lead a meeting and influence project team members to build security requirements into operational standards.
• Have security audit experience especially when it refers to firewalls and network communications protocols.
• Be able to take charge of a critical situation while maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude.
• Analyze and diagnose questionable communications risks and guide project teams to a viable path forward that minimizes risk and its clients while maintaining regulatory and policy requirements.
• Attention to detail when reviewing and or documenting risks.
• Memorize and uphold all policies and regulations.
•Take ownership, handle and maintain status on support requests from the business unit customers
• Report and submit communications risk and work with other Cyber-security groups and application owners to track and remediate
• Review and support CNG documentation for accuracy and updates
• Has the ability to respectfully take charge of meetings and get it back on track to guide applications owners to the proper compliant path to jointly ensure minimum risk to the network
Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/GED
Minimum of 7 year hands on experience with Governance, Risk and Compliance
Minimum of 5 years’ experience firewalls and network communications topology
• Familiar with Windows, Linux and Mainframe communications protocols
• Strong networking fundamentals. You understand TCP/IP, sub netting and the difference between sockets and connect timeouts, routing & DNS
• Knowledge of distributed systems (Windows and Linux) and virtualization software (VMware)
• Able and willing to work on call will be required from time to time (not common)
• Knowledge of PCI and global PII protection regulations
• Experience with Firewall Change Management application
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.