Digital Product group is seeking a Product Owner that can drive successful digital change implementations, with responsibilities that span from idea development to post-launch analysis. The candidate will work closely with stakeholders as well as development teams to deliver valuable change.
Product Owner Job Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with business stakeholders to define business requirements, translating business needs into vision for specific digital products and features.
• Works with cross-functional teams, including Product Management and Digital Sales, UX/UI teams to define and shape the change requirements and identify dependencies (includes backend technical).
• Support the Senior Digital Product owner on backlogs, ongoing tasks, or integrations
• Crafts epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria that are required to turn the vision into delivered products.
• Operates in an Agile environment, with its emphasis on continuously reviewing the business needs, refining priorities, outlining deliverable milestones, and identifying opportunities and risks.
• Partners with the ScrumMaster and Dev lead to ensure the development team understands product vision, priorities, and requirements; helps identify and remove blockers.
• Acts as primary conduit for questions /suggestions/issues about current and planned product features, received from key stakeholders in the organization.
• Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of various stakeholders.
• Outlines change the roadmap that reflects priorities, dependencies, work estimates and technology updates.
• Conducts regular sessions with stakeholders for effective information sharing.
• Applies configuration changes with proprietary business tools.
• Participates in developing test cases and UAT for IT break fixes and enhancements.
• Troubleshoots and resolves first and second tier customer issues using CRM.
Product Owner Qualifications / Skills:
• Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
• Working knowledge of web development languages (HTML, CSS)
• Basic understanding of systems and database architecture
• Customer-first mindset
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
• Experience providing product demos and engaging customers and stakeholders to elicit feedback on product usability
• High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
• Inquiring mindset, for continuously seeking out opportunities for product improvement
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of product or project development experience
• At least 1 year of experience as a Digital Product Owner.
• Experience in the Energy/Utility/Telecommunications domain
• Experience with Fire Engine or Adobe CMS
• Familiarity with agile software development processes, such as Scrum, Kanban or Scaled Agile (SAFe).
• Proven ability to deliver convincing business case recommendations to senior management.
• Experience in using data and metrics to validate assumptions and assertions of business value.