The Disaster Recovery Engineer is responsible for the administration and operation of Business Resiliency Program, particularly focused on Disaster Recovery Planning. This position will have responsibility to assist and oversee IT organization-wide disaster recovery and business continuity risk management efforts. Assist with the implementation and day-to-day functions related to creating several Business Resiliency Plans and Procedures, while also creating and managing Disaster Recovery operations. This role is responsible for interfacing with all company stakeholders. The role will also assist with the design and implementation of our enterprise wide resilience programs, including policies, maturity models, gap analysis, methodologies, sourcing strategies, plans, metrics, and scorecards for all components of the program.
- Ensures disaster recovery plans, processes, and roles are in place across IT to ensure the integrity and availability of our company data, solutions, services, and technologies. Responsible for implementing, monitoring, and reporting on the enterprise IT disaster recovery posture that ensures our resiliency for IT systems and services following the occurrence of an IT outage or major disasters that result in the partial or complete disruption of business operations.
- The candidate will ensure disaster recovery and resumption plans for the critical processes and systems, which are core to the organizations continued business operations. Ensures all business continuance procedures and plans are tested, documented, and monitored and provide rapid response and recovery to system events. Establishes service level recovery standards and agreements internally and with vendors.
- With minimal supervision, coordinate and facilitate all business continuity planning activities. The person who fills this position is expected to interact with the critical business units and support groups for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling, and maintaining the contingency planning effort.
Must Haves / Required Skills:
- Deep knowledge of disaster recovery and business resumption processes and practices.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a large IT organization developing business resiliency plans, emergency preparedness, crisis planning and/or disaster planning.
- Proven ability to work under stressful conditions, such as a business-related crisis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A technical breadth and depth in IT systems overall
- Ability to work and drive delivery in virtual, disparate, cross-functional teams without direct authority.
- Awareness of information security best practices preferred.
- Experienced and comfortable with Agile methodology
- Must be a self-starter and independent
- The individual must have the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and summarize & document them clearly.
- In depth experience in service delivery on a 24x7x52 basis to a regulated customer base.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; ITIL, CBCI, CBCP Certification in progress, or comparable operations business resiliency delivery experience required.
- Preferred experience in the BCI or DRJ Business Resiliency Lifecycle: Business Resumption Planning, Crisis Management Planning, Incident Response Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning, and Plan Exercising/Testing,
- Knowledge and experience in performing assessments aligned with the best practices
- Ability to work independently, effectively manage competing demands and priorities
- Familiarity with Governance, Risk and Compliance as it applies to Business Resiliency planning globally.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and drive tactical execution
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Presentation and communication skills required to present to Sr. Management
- Strong documentation skills, including the ability to create detailed and well-organized summaries of risk assessment findings that can be easily understood by stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to build positive relationships across multiple stakeholders, senior leadership team, and department heads, etc.
- Possess a good understanding of appropriate leading-edge technologies.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills
- This person may have to work unusual hours during an emergency situation and be willing to be on-call and accessible during evening, night, and weekend hours.