the clients Market and Plant Operations IT team desires to hire an individual for the EMS/SCADA team, which is responsible for the operations, reliability, & development of the EMS application system, remote RTU interfaces and custom applications. This individual will support Energy Management System (EMS) projects, develop AGC applications, and provide operational support for NRGs Generation Dispatch business. They will work in a team environment to deliver technology solutions and support the needs of NRGs power generation and supporting service organizations. This individual will have operational responsibilities as well as project deliverables.
This role is more of a core support role supporting multiple projects. They're supporting the entire initiative. This person will help build the new EMS project from the ground up. New system will be built from
Develop new and enhanced system functionality including custom code and packaged application configuration.
• Ensure the successful transition from development to operations including operations procedures and tools such as EMS database points, reports, and automated monitoring.
• Lead the development of prototypes/proofs of concept to validate key business requirements.
• Plan, develop, implement, and manage user acceptance and deployment of system changes.
• Engage with hardware and software vendors as well as professional service providers to solve problems and deliver solutions.
• Develop and execute implementation plans including installation of new hardware and software, user training, and post-implementation system monitoring.
• Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
• Facilitate the evaluation of available alternatives and the decision-making process. May include software selection efforts, architectural design reviews, etc.
• Documentation and execution of comprehensive unit, integration, and system test scripts. Facilitate capturing issues identified in testing and ensure their resolution prior to implementation.
5+ years' experience with control systems
Familiar with EMS/GMS architecture, software and displays
Bachelor's degree from an accredited US University required
• Must be willing to be in a team on-call rotation for business support