Job Title: Hadoop Developer with Big Data
Duration: 12 - 18 months
Location: Dallas, TX, Greater NY, Pennington NJ, Charlotte, NC
Required Pay Scale: $65 - $70
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
We are looking for Senior Hadoop Developers to support Data and Analytics Platform, Information Management and Solution Delivery. The role ensures design and engineering approach for complex data solutions is consistent across multiple flows and systems, while building processes to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, data quality controls, dependency and workload management. The individual will be responsible to define internal controls, identify gaps in data management standards adherence and work with appropriate partners to develop plans to close the same, lead concept and experimentation testing to synthesize the results and validate and improve the solution, document and communicate required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality. They may be required to mentor more junior Data Engineers and coach team members in delivery/release activities.
• 3-6years experience in Hadoop stack and storage technologies, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, HIVE, sqoop, Impala , spark, flume, kafka and oozie
• Extensive Knowledge on Bigdata Enterprise architecture (Cloudera preferred)
• Excellent analytical capabilities - Strong interest in algorithms
• Experienced in HBase, RDBMS, SQL, ETL and data analysis
• Experience in No SQL Technologies (ex., Cassandra/ MongoDB, etc )
• Experienced in scripting(Unix/Linux) and scheduling (Autosys)
• Experience with team delivery/release processes and cadence pertaining to code deployment and release
• Research oriented, motivated, pro-active, self-starter with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• A team player with good verbal and written skills, capable of working with a team of Architects, Developers, Business/Data Analysts, QA and client stakeholders
• Object-oriented programming and design experience.
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks, including JUnit, is a plus
• Python IDEs(Django, Flask), data wrangling and analytics in a python based environment
• Fundamentals of Python – Data Structures, Collections, Pandas for file and other type of data handling, visualizations etc.
• Visual Analytics Tools knowledge ( Tableau )
• Experience with Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence and Industry standard tools integrated with Hadoop ecosystem. ( R , Python )
• Data Integration, Data Security on Hadoop ecosystem. ( Kerberos )
• Any Big Data certification(ex. Cloudera's CCP, CCA) is a plus
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600