Job Title: Hadoop Developer $65-75
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Newark Delware, Texas or CLT
Must Haves / Required Skills:
- Hive / Impala / Spark
- ETL / SQL
Data solution delivery team is looking for an experienced Hadoop Developer. Candidate should have indepth knowledge of Hadoop technologies, SQL and ETL processes. Candidate should possess excellent analytical capabilities, get a deep understanding of the data and build co-relation between various data elements/objects. Data solution delivery team is also responsible for ingesting the data from multiple sources, the candidate should be able to support the ingestion process using the big data tools and frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field or equivalent working experience.
- 3+ years of experience in data warehousing architectural approaches.
- Minimum of 3 years in big data.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera).
- Able to understand and explore the constantly evolving tools within Hadoop ecosystem and apply them appropriately to the relevant problems at hand.
- Experience in working with a Big Data implementation in production environment.
- Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, python, scala etc.
- Experience in python and Unix shell scripting.
- Experience in scheduling tool like Autosys Understanding of Agile methodologies and technologies
- Sound knowledge of relational databases (SQL) and experience with large SQL based systems.
- Exposure to and strong working knowledge of distributed systems.
- Excellent understanding of client-service models and customer orientation in service delivery.
- Ability to grasp the 'big picture' for a solution by considering all potential options in impacted area.
- Aptitude to understand and adapt to newer technologies.
- The ability to work with team mates in a collaborative manner to achieve a mission.
- Experience in query optimization, performance tuning of the complex SQL queries.
- Benchmark and debug critical issues with algorithms and software as they arise
1. Previous experience in the financial services industry
2. Broad technical experience and good understanding of existing testing/operational processes and an open mind on how to enhance those
3. Understanding of industry trends and relevant application technologies
4. Experience in designing and implementing analytical environments and business intelligence solutions
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600