Looking for a BA to help the Goal Zero team with inventory and documenting their business process flows to determine future activities within their business unit. The BA will need to report to the Goal Zero location in Utah, on-site. They will work very closely with the Stakeholders.
You will be a key influencer within the team, driving ideation through delivery and implementation of solutions. You will be expected to work closely with business stakeholders ensuring decisions are fact based, that the team appropriately defines the vision, empathizes with the customer, ensures customer value is prioritized, and will groom the backlog to ensure for purpose and ready for development.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand key business objectives and ideas to help define and transform them into a scoped and sized business change including definition of minimal value product (MVP).
- Establish a requirements management strategy which describes; process for elicitation, documentation standards and format, tools, meeting cadence, backlog grooming process, review & approval process, change process, and communications processes.
- Elicit business requirements and document in the form of a vision statement, visual models/process flows, business objectives, goals, and success criteria.
- Elicit functional and non-functional requirements and document in the form of epics, stories, wireframes, business rules, and acceptance criteria.
- Build, organize help prioritize and maintain the project backlog over the course of the project, often serving as a partner and mentor for the Business Lead/Product Owner.
- Facilitate the ongoing backlog grooming process, supporting the Business Lead/Product Owner to define value, priority, and select scope for upcoming releases and sprints.
- Collaborate with Product Owner, Business Users, and Technical Team to write and elaborate user stories to include acceptance criteria and business rules per the teams Definition of Done
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies such as stand-ups, demos and sprint retrospectives.
- Facilitate the review of stories with team during sprint planning to ensure the team has a common understanding of the user story and acceptance criteria.
- Analyze new requests from stakeholders and determine if the request is a defect, new story, a modification to an existing story, or already covered in an existing story. Update the backlog and stories as appropriate.
- Maintain an overall view and perspective on the big picture and understanding how the parts of the project fit together to provide the overall solution.
- Perform functional testing during development sprints and review testing issues to determine if the issue is a bug or behaving as expected
- Write user acceptance test (UAT) scripts and facilitate user acceptance testing
- Bachelors degree or 5+ years experience as a Business Analyst
- 2-3 years experience in Agile/Scrum, supporting Agile efforts
- Experience with Agile management tools a plus (e.g. ADO, TFS, Jira)
- Experience of Lean Canvas & Customer Value Proposition is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experienced in various business analysis techniques including; data modeling, feature decomposition, context diagrams, stakeholder analysis, state diagrams, wireframes, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, use cases, business process definition, user stories, and backlog management.
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certification a plus
- IIBA or CBAP Business Analyst certification a plus
- Ability to act as the champion for the customer
- Experience working the utility industry would be beneficial