Full-time, Direct Hire
Job Title: Java Solutions Architect
Location: Whippany, NJ or St.Louis, MO (5 days a week ONSITE)
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC/GC Holder candidates***
Seeking a skilled Java leader to provide day-to-day support for our team of 8 dedicated individuals who primarily support legacy communication platforms similar to Salesforce Pardot or Marketo. As a member of the team, you will be the client's right-hand and drive the strategic direction of the organization, providing an extension of their leadership and driving day-to-day operations forward.
The ideal candidate should have a background in Java and Java coding qualifications, emphasizing being the right hand man in the Java space. They should be capable of taking use cases and collaborating with the right people to come up with efficient solutions. While the role may include solution architecture responsibilities, a strong emphasis on Java coding is required.
The position will begin as 3 days on-site and 2 days remote, but will eventually transition to 5 days on-site in New Jersey. Candidates with a background in pharma are preferred but not required.
- Solid experience understanding different business processes
- Strong experience as the point of contact/SME from the development point of view of different business processes.
- Strong experience leading, training and mentoring teams.
- Strong experience on the SDLC phases
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Solid experience with Spring Boot and the Spring Framework
- Solid experience writing performant code using Hibernate. A solid principal Engineer should know when to detect a need to break away from Hibernate and write SQL code to improve performance.
- Solid experience interacting with relational databases
- Experience with Microservices architectures
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with known Java best practices and SOLID programming principles
- Experience with API security frameworks and mechanisms (including but not limited to JWT, OAuth, etc.)
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working on Agile environments (e.g., Scrum)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests to validate the code written
- Strong English and communication skills
- Experience leading 100+ individual contributors
Nice To have:
- Experience configuring Docker containers (optional)
- Experience using Kubernetes for automated deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications (optional)
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux environments (using the Command Prompt and creating simple Bash scripts)
- Experience with asynchronous and event-driven architectures using Kafka (or comparable: e.g., RabbitMQ) (optional)
- Good understanding of caching strategies and implementation (e.g., Redis, Memcache, etc.) (optional)