Job Title: Mainframe Developer
Duration: 18 months
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Required Pay Scale: $50-55/hr
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
As a Senior Application Analyst, you can look forward to:
• Developing program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Performance tuning and testing of mainframe code, troubleshooting performance problems, preparing code for deployment and finishing all vital Waterfall SDLC documentation.
• Writing code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software.
• Working on online and batch applications that support credit & debit card processing.
• Writing and modifies COBOL programs to process data to fund and bill merchants & clear to associations.
• Unit testing program changes using IDMS, DB2, JCL, PROCs and test VSAM and flat files.
• Providing recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• Developing customized solutions within the platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals.
• Interacting with Product Managers, Project Managers, GIO (Global Infrastructure Operations) resources and Client/Partner IT resources to collaborate on projects.
• Consulting with users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
• Attending meeting and conference calls to review the business requirements document.
• Designing and developing computer systems or programs, based on user defined requirements.
• Creating high level and detailed design documents that support credit & debit card processing projects.
• Presenting design documents via TEAMS meeting to the business for sign off.
• Developing mainframe applications for PTS application set across platforms.
• Providing leadership, supervision and coaching for a specific project.
• Delivering project documents, HLD, DDD, timelines, I-plans to the project manager.
• Adhering to established standards and consults with senior managers on technology solutions.
• Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
• Will be part of the on-call rotation to handle issues that could occur with the application such as job abends.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600