Location: ATL, GA
Cobol & DB2
As a Senior Application Analyst, you can look forward to:
• Developing program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Performance tuning and testing of mainframe code, troubleshooting performance problems, preparing code for deployment and finishing all vital Waterfall SDLC documentation.
• Writing code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software.
• Working on online and batch applications that support credit & debit card processing.
• Writing and modifies COBOL programs to process data to fund and bill merchants & clear to associations.
• Unit testing program changes using IDMS, DB2, JCL, PROCs and test VSAM and flat files.
• Providing recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• Developing customized solutions within the platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals.
• Interacting with Product Managers, Project Managers, GIO (Global Infrastructure Operations) resources and Client/Partner IT resources to collaborate on projects.
• Consulting with users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
• Attending meeting and conference calls to review the business requirements document.
• Designing and developing computer systems or programs, based on user defined requirements.
• Creating high level and detailed design documents that support credit & debit card processing projects.
• Presenting design documents via TEAMS meeting to the business for sign off.
• Developing mainframe applications for PTS application set across platforms.
• Providing leadership, supervision and coaching for a specific project.
• Delivering project documents, HLD, DDD, timelines, I-plans to the project manager.
• Adhering to established standards and consults with senior managers on technology solutions.
• Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
• Will be part of the on-call rotation to handle issues that could occur with the application such as job abends.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in applicable field OR Advanced Degree in applicable field with 6 years of relevant experience.
• 8 years of mainframe experience in IBM JCL, CA7, JCL, and utilities, COBOL, REXX, EasyTrieve, VSAM, IDMS, Endevor, File Master, Dispatch, View, UniTech and Remedy utilities.
• Experience with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and Diner's International merchant acquiring; settlement balancing and error processing.
• Experience with the Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Advanced Degree and/or Technology Certifications.
• Experience in merchant acquiring system and credit & debit card international processing & integration services.
• Experience in settlement, interchange, and authorization targets for application modifications.
• Exposure to common Merchant Acquirer Information Security concepts and practices.
• Have functional-Technical knowledge of payment authorization, fraud detection systems and smart routing applications.
• Experience with payment ecommerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors.