Manufacturing Site Quality Lead/Manager - ISO 9001
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Schedule: Onsite Monday - Thursday currently but expected to work on Fridays. Possible to work Fridays from home doing reports, etc.
Pay Range: $85,000K to $90,000K Direct Hire, Full Time Perm with Full Benefits Package
This is a new role at our client’s Oak Creek Facility. The goal is to bring this facility up to Quality standards and become ISO 9001 version 2015 certified by the end of 2024. Someone who has experience in this is ideal!
This Requires a Strong background in Quality:
- Must have Quality knowledge of Quality Processes like PPAP, 5S, FMEA, APQP, Kaizen, and the 7 QC Tools
- Knowing Quality Systems/Certifications. They are driving to an ISO 9001 version 2015 cert by end of next year, ideal of someone having helped a facility to do that is HUGE
- Experience Must be from industrial type settings
- Must be Organized, have people management skills, have leadership skills to influence people to manage and adopt new improvement processes
- Prefers someone who has experience with obtaining ISO 9001 certs.
- Union shop experience
The Site Quality Leader is responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing strategies to enhance organization performance, leadership effectiveness, associate engagement, and overall consistent, predictable quality. In this role you will champion effective change management and have a broad understanding of the design, development, and execution of Quality strategies that align with business and organization goals. Ultimately your work will create a company culture that sees quality as a strategic advantage. You’ll also take the company’s strong brand to the next level by achieving ISO certification as well as meeting and surpassing other relevant local and global quality standards.
• Put in place a sustainable Quality Management System that achieves ISO certification. Enhance the company’s strong brand. Make Quality a source of pride for the company, our employees, and our customers.
• Utilize Business Process Management Systems (e.g. Quality Management Systems, Integrated Management Systems)
• Work to develop, implement, and monitor overall process mapping for quality improvement purposes.
• Standardize processes, tools and performance management system
• Resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
• Work together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and / or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
• Communicate with direct team and supervisor
• Present to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
• Ensure the plant’s production processes are executed per relevant specifications
• Identify process risks, implement appropriate control points and preventive measures, and execute process audits, to ensure effective process control and evidence of such
• Lead responsiveness on customer quality and reliability related issues
• Work closely with Manufacturing, Engineering, and the Services team to identify areas for focused product / process improvement actions and ensure those actions are implemented in a timely fashion and in an effective and sustainable manner
• Meet Quality related financial objectives
• Estimate requirements, prepare annual budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
• Develop business metrics to accurately reflect performance and to effectively drive accountability
• Collect, analyze and summarize performance and drive improvement actions as appropriate
• Control and monitor the plant’s gage calibration program to ensure effectiveness
• Coordinate business updates on emerging issues and actions for closure.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Quality or a related field (experience in lieu of may be considered).
• A minimum of five years of experience in a Manufacturing setting.
• Experience supporting Office, Plant and Field employees.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Prior experience using Business Management Systems.
• Current on industry and legislative trends.
• The ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
• ASQ Certifications a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem-solving skills
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600