NPI Mechanical Engineer
Oak Creek WI
This position has responsibility for the New Product Development engineering group, including developing new product schedules, determining cost and managing to the agreed upon budget and timelines, overseeing compliance to applicable industry standards, and coordinating with all other departments to assure smooth new product launches as well as to assure that the organization’s commitment to engineering innovation is realized and that new products are being delivered into the marketplace in a manner that allows us to remain competitive.
Leadership 40 – 60%
- Leads engineering functions and partners with management team, to insure effective and timely product development and introduction.
- Builds, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives. Prioritizes the efforts of the engineering staff and removes obstacles
- Works closely with divisional Operations personnel and manufacturing engineering at the plant level on new technology, equipment or material introductions to assure that product specifications are not compromised. As needed, coordinates directly with suppliers.
- Develops and monitors Engineering budget to achieve divisional goals regarding new product introduction and product cost reductions.
General 40 – 60%
- Works closely with the customers, marketing, sales and field staff to identify new product needs, identify improvements to existing products and prioritizes new projects along with existing projects.
- Create or invent new equipment designs and processes,
- Responsible for documentation and Bills of Material for new products.
- Interfaces with all departments on status of projects and product content.
- Completes assigned projects within pre-defined cost targets.
- Meets requirements on function, reliability and performance of machine operation.
- Advises Supervisor on a regular basis as to the status of projects and product updates.
- Participates in industry organizations/agencies that are responsible for developing standards for our products to represent the Company as requirements change. As new products are developed, assures that all applicable safety requirements are met.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Prior Project Management duties and 10 years mechanical engineering experience to include new product development.
- Proficiency MS Office
- CAD Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems.
- Ability to develop a 1-3 year strategic plan
- Above average financial and budgeting skills required
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.