Job Title: Product Engineer - Devices
Location: Erie, PA (Onsite)
Duration: (12 Month, possible 6 month extension, Contract)
Pay Rate: $52/hour starting
This role will be instrumental in leading the qualification of alternate sourcing of in-kind or sub-components associated with the locomotive & Off-Highway vehicle applications.
- Implement, verify, and validate control and diagnostic algorithms for various power devices, included but not limited to, current transformers, IGBTs, GTOs, Sensors, Inverter Assemblies, Bus Bars and Circuit Breakers
- Support the Lead and Senior Engineers in evaluation of concepts and development of detailed controller designs
- Support requirements and interface definition for rotating electrical machines, power-electronics, and controller micro-electronics components
- Support converter measurements & characterization for medium & high voltage power electronics
- Support the investigation, root-cause identification, and resolution of drives control reliability issues
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate as a presenter in technical reviews
- Develop technical documentation for the tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Discipline (preferably Electrical)
- One year of experience in an Engineering position
- Experience or training in control system design, lab setup techniques and lab automation control schemes
- Experience or training using a control modeling system (i.e., MATLAB, MatrixX) and/or C/C++ software development)
- Knowledge of electric machines (AC & DC motors, alternators, transformers) and power electronics (SCR, GTO, IGBT)
- Ability and willingness to work "hands-on" in test labs and on locomotives or off-highway trucks with high HP (1000 KVA), medium voltage (2 KV) and high current (10 KA) systems
If you are interested please respond to this posting or you can contact me directly at [email protected], (513)493-0395.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.