Financial Services Client
Professional Services Project Manager
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
Contract to Hire
Pay Rate on W2: may have flexibility to compensate up to $47/hr for the right candidate
This person will be the face of the Company's Professional Services for clients when implementing their fraud product – this will require some travel to clients, about 30%
-Industry knowledge (fraud market, fraud and risk management, banking etc)
-Can hit the ground running and start managing projects with very little hand holding- it is a very busy organization- need someone who can drive the projects, basic PM fundamentals, driving timelines, driving processes, promote change within the organization
-Able to handle clients, client facing PM, vendor management- Work a lot with banks and credit card companies handling difficult conversations
-Potentially grow into a manager role
-PMP certified ideal
PM skillset, driving timelines and project plans, client facing, can handle escalations, and get in front of escalations. Open to Fraud analyst background that wants to get into PM work
The purpose of the Project Manager’s job is to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery. The Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. The Project Manager will partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas. The Project Manager is expected to work under minimal supervision with oversight provided by the Manager of Professional services (FRMS business unit).
• Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
• Provide a holistic view of the overall project to the organization and all stakeholders
• Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.)
• Define project governance, outlining roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
• Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes
• Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project
• Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
• Facilitate alignment and approach for all related Company business areas to meet One Company Objectives.
• Knowledgeable about how the organizations work; knows how to get things done through formal channels and the informal network. Understands the culture of organizations.