Job Title: Project Manager / Scrum Master
Duration: 18 months
Location: Midtown Manhattan, New York (Hybrid remote 3 days onsite)
Pay Scale: $70-75/hr W2 (Cannot subcontract or C2C)
We are looking for a Scrum Master with Project Management and data modeling and analysis project experience that will be responsible for leading 1-2 delivery teams through Agile practices to deliver quality big data software solutions. As a Scrum Master you will be responsible for optimizing the flow of stories and the value delivered by the Scrum teams, as well as coordinating and facilitating Scrum ceremonies, managing dependencies for the team, providing visibility into team delivery plans and progress, and enabling continuous improvement within the team. You must also ensure the impediments are resolved quickly, the team follows their agreed-to processes, and that there is a good relationship between the Product Owner, Project Managers and the development team.
• Facilitate Scrum/Kanban level ceremonies.
• Facilitate Program level events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value.
• Influences leaders, teams, and stakeholders in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
• Drives epic-level prioritization and sequencing decisions with key stakeholders through value vs estimation process.
• Assess the agility level of the Program and help them improve.
• Facilitate Agile processes and execution.
• Provide the support needed by the Agile Delivery Teams, Product Teams, and Programs to be self-organizing and self-managing.
• Escalate and track impediments, manage risk and dependencies, help ensure value delivery, and help drive relentless improvement.
• Support Business, IT, and Product Management alignment on vision, roadmap, and priorities of the Program
• Engage and optimize the flow of value through the Project using various tools and other information radiators.
• Establish a cadence and support cross-Project planning centered around value streams.
• Work with Product Management, Solutions Management, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
• Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings within and across projects.
• Assist tracking the execution of features within the project.
• Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
• Support release management activities.
• Provide the delivery metrics to the leadership team.
• Min 10+ years of experience in Project Management and Scrum Master role for a software development team
• Good experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban, TDD, etc.) and toolsets (Atlassian suite, JIRA etc.)
• First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master Certification or Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) or PSM Certification(s)
• Strong technical background in Big Data, Modelling, ETL, Python and Web Services.
• Understand the overall architecture and challenge the development team.
• Strong expertise in planning, execution and reporting.
• Proven track record of ownership and driving projects.
• Strong negotiation and communication skills
• Good experience in release management activities.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600