Mid/Senior Level Python Developer
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
We are looking for a front-office developer to join the Global non-Linear (GnL) front office CIRO development team. Role will include developments for the global risk platform, product pricing, feeds to downstream systems, and implementing new strategic solutions. The role will provide exposure to complex IR products through use of quantitative analytics libraries and interactions with quant/strat group. The work will involve development in Python. Platform is Quartz – Bank of America’s strategic, cross-asset, front–to-back position management, pricing, and risk management platform. The role involves interaction with users globally across Trading, Middle Office, Finance and Risk Management.
Summary of Business Area:
• The GNLR Technology group provides solutions to clients in the Trading, Sales, Finance, and Regulatory areas of Exotics Interest-Rate Options and Inflation businesses.
• Asset classes comprise exotic interest-rate derivatives, and exchange-traded instruments.
• Implementation of pricing, risk and trading system solutions for Trading Desk (primary focus)
• Leverage strategic technologies for next generation pricing and risk management system based solutions
• Capture, analyse & document business requirements from our business partners
• Work very closely with the Trading Desk, Quants, and Technology groups to extend the analytics to meet ongoing business needs
Essential Skill Requirements:
• Strong Python skills is a must. Will consider other OOP languages.
• Rates business knowledge (risk, pricing, yield curve and inflation curve construction etc...)
• Experience of Interest Rate Derivatives and bond trading systems
• Excellent communication skills, and good attention to details
• Ability to work on large scale IT projects with interaction with numerous teams and clients.