Matlen Silver has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Release Manager. This position is remote for the foreseeable future - down the road there will be onsite work in either Charlotte NC or Dallas TX.
The role of the Release Manager is to assist in the planning, execution, and finalization of releases. Organize, direct, and manage activities for building and maintaining releases for their promotion to the production environment. Communicate and manage customer expectations, including Agile teams, IT Service Owners, Application Owners and the Business.
- Provide leadership, direction and definition for the release management function including planning, scheduling, test coordination and implementation.
- Coordinate with IT and product teams to prioritize enhancements and defects into releases. Collaborate with Product Owners and key stakeholders to define release schedules; manage scope and schedule for application.
- Design and implement efficient procedures for the distribution and installation of changes to IT systems; build Release Plans and Release Issue Tracking and Resolution facilitation.
- Create all required Release artifacts. Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Manage and coordinate Release Deployment and Post Go Live activities; provide status to the leadership and senior management on a regular basis for the release.
- Managing the release versions, stories, component changes and bug tracking in tools such as JIRA or Application life cycle management etc.
- Provide transparency to the release schedule, and identifying and aligning environment needs for each release;
- Act as gatekeeper for delivery into production by ensuring understanding of and adherence to milestone definitions, ensuring appropriate criteria is met at each milestone, and monitoring and tracking the progress of changes targeted for each release
- 5+ years of Release Management experience in an Enterprise environment
- Project Management skills (not necessarily by title)
- Previous experience in banking or financial services industries a big plus
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.