Duration: 11/29/2024 - Contract to hire
Pay Rate: $50-$64/hour; Conversion salary - $112k- 122K
(Immediate Onsite?) ***Onsite 5 days a week***
- Alpharetta, GA
Can someone sit 100% REMOTE? No
- first round with the manager- video
- second round with a senior project manager and product owner – most likely an onsite interview
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
- Team: App dev side, Payments products; structured environment; 12 delivery teams working on different initiatives, and 3 Senior Project Managers on the team – the new PMs will partner up with these folks; each delivery team has 7-9 resources; the PM will be working with 2-4 delivery teams at a time; 6-18 month long projects
- Some of the teams are offshore – doesn’t need this experience working with offshore teams
- Day to day: they work in Jira, knowledge of this is important and Confluence; tracking in Jira, meeting with diff. teams, sprint planning, in the afternoons working more so with US based teams- product owners and product teams, architects; coordination of the sprint planning process and working with the team to check work, and provide progress updates to leadership, create plans from scratch at times – will utilize MS Project
- Need people with foundational project management experience in an Agile environment- understands sprint planning, would be ideal if they understand the idea behind SAFe; they need to truly understand Agile (they will be working in a mature Agile environment)
- Need people that will proactively looking at a plan and proactively reach out if there are any issues or blockers
- Confident to go find answers
- Outgoing enough to build rapport with their team
- Hours: 7am meetings with offshore teams – the PMs can take these meetings at home, but make sure to be in office by 9am; 40 hour work week
- NOT a scrum master role
- financial industry experience is not needed, but a nice to have
- Great opportunity for someone to learn and grow
Absolute Must Haves:
(Manager won’t budge on these skills / experience)
- 5+ years of experience
- foundational project management experience in an Agile environment
- knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- proactive, confident
- strong communication skills
- organizational skills
Project management, strong communication skills, organizational skills, Agile methodology, knowledge of Jira
What does a successful Senior Technology Project Manager, Agile do?
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for driving simple to complex, high priority projects or component phases of larger Application Development programs. They are accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and within scope. This individual will lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental and occasionally cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure.
**Experienced in an Agile environment, Knowledge with Jira and Confluence.
What you will do:
The Senior Project Manager exemplifies strong initiative and management skills –
• Ensures project methodologies, project delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed. This includes managing and driving:
o Project Schedule
o Risk and Issue Management
o Scope Change Management
• Manages the project budget. This includes understanding and validating estimates, cost variance tracking, and managing project resources effectively.
• Provides Project/Program status i.e. Mission Critical Program Updates (weekly meeting) and Clarity Reporting.
• Provides clear and concise project communication - both written and verbal.
• Ensures adherence to and proper organization usage of project/program management practices in alignment with an agile methodology implementation.
• Facilitates/manages project communications and stakeholder, client, and project team expectations.
• Report on KPIs related to pipeline and execution portfolios, financials, and performance measures.
• Support Backlog & Capacity Management through the management of new project flow into development.
• Create and maintain project & capacity forecasting including allocations and variance (IRC)
• Facilitate prioritization discussions.
• Maintain Clarity (PPM tool), Version One & JIRA Management and publish appropriate reports to create transparency and add in prioritization discussions.
• Create & Maintain the Initiative, Epic, Time Tracking stories in V1 & Jira.
What you will need to have:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, PMP and/or CSM certification preferred
• 5 to 7 years of progressive technology project management experience, including management of major application development projects, in a large operating environment.
• Proficient in Agile Methodology
• Proven success in delivering projects within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
• Meeting Management – able to effectively prepare, conduct, participate in and follow up on business meetings.
• Planning – Demonstrates the ability to identify project interdependencies and synergies; to identify alternatives; make contingency plans and develop action plans to implement successfully.
• Organizational Skills – Demonstrates the capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities and to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Critical Thinking – able to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options and recommendations relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items.
• Collaboration Skills – able to actively participate (listen and facilitate) group discussion to plan execution and or problem resolution.
• Problem Solving – able to quickly identify, analytically examine impact, plan and execute effective resolution strategies through resolution.
• Risk Management – knowledge of process, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling and organization’s exposure (assets, liabilities, reputation, non-compliance, etc.)
• Organizational Savvy – knowledge of and ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
• Budgeting – knowledge of specific policies and practices for planning and administration of budget.
• Coaching & Mentoring – able to encourage, motivate and guide individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
• Issue Management - able to understand the scope of identified issues, the priority, resources required to resolve, properly tracks, and documents the issue and applies the correct level of follow up required to drive to completion
• Scope Management –able to take ownership to understand the full scope the project and become a custodian of any scope changes by applying critical thinking and negotiation skills.
• Leadership – Demonstrates the ability to influence others and drive effective change by taking control of difficult situations, providing clear, concise direction to team members and positively influencing others.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600