Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Duration: 12 – 18 months
Location: Charlotte, NC / Hopewell, NJ / Newark, DE
(Remote to Start due to Covid-19)
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to W2 candidates***
Support for SDM Horizon platform requiring strong discipline in niche skills such as DevOps engineering, CICD support, and Test Automation. We are seeking a DevOps Support Engineer with SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) background that can perform production support and deployment functions in our CICD support team. Candidates will need to triage and support enterprise delivery tools such as Cloudbees Jenkins , Xebia XLR, and Ansible Tower. Along with monitoring and event management via Splunk, AppDynamics, and Sitescope.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and strong task management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong negotiation and mediation skills as well as an ability to be diplomatic in dealings with a variety of areas across the company.
• 7+ years systems support, infrastructure, and engineering experience
• 7+ years production application support
• 5+ years working with Enterprise Linux and/or MS Windows Server in an administrative format
• 5+ years experience with Apache Tomcat administration
• In-depth experience supporting/administering enterprise level SDLC tools. This includes experience in Application Lifecycle Management /CICD tools including Cloudbees Jenkins, Redhat Ansible, Xebia XLR, SonarQube, Atlassian Bitbucket and JIRA
• 5- 7 years technical Systems architecture & design
• 5-7 years experience with Linux Shell scripting or Powershell scripting
• Exposure and familiarity with application development lifecycle methodologies such as version control and SDLC.
• Familiarity with version control tools such as Bitbucket, Subversion, Perforce, RTC , GIT strongly preferred.
• Experience supporting Cloud hosted environments, virtual servers, and high availability platforms -clustering,
• Knowledge of infrastructure components such as SAN, NAS, DNS, Load balancing, etc
• Ability to effectively communicate/present to all levels of the organization, including executive management
• Willing and able to work after hours and weekends when required to support multiple time zones
• Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter
• Must have the ability to work independently and be part of a team
• There should be a strong desire to learn new technologies and skillset
• Knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Tivoli, Sitescope, Splunk, Introscope, and AppDynamics
Knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Tivoli, Sitescope, Splunk, Introscope, and AppDynamics
Experience supporting PostGres 9.6 or higher databases
**For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.