12-18 Month Contract - W2 (No C2C)
HYBRID in Jersey City/New York, NY
**Due to client requirements, this role is only open to USC or GC holders on W2**
• Support the technical needs of the Quantitative and Trading strategist Teams across global markets.
• The job will develop software using Python and Sql, and will focus on integrating common components, and building robust APIs that are thoroughly tested and work at large volume scale.
• The position will require extracting and loading a a variety of data sets across various business domains.
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Work closely with lead developers to implement Python application architectures and designs.
• Perform testing with technical peers and functional end users to ensure successful launch of development projects.
• Promote quality engineering and good coding practices across the company.
• 7+ years of software development experience
• 5+ years minimum Python programming language (not as scripts)
• BS in Computer Science or above
• Financial Services experience
Experience using Java and/or C/C++
Experience with Windows and Linux software development
Experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop, Impala, Apache, Spark) .
Experience with data science toolsets, such as Jupyter Notebook and Tableau
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600