The Scrum Master II will be responsible for fully engaging with and supporting multiple agile teams (generally 2) in the learning, adoption, and application of agile mindset, values, and principles. The SM II will guide, coach, and mentor teams along their agile journey as they apply the appropriate framework (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) to deliver on organizational goals and objectives on becoming self-managed, high performing teams.
The Scrum Master II will also champion adoption of the agile mindset across the larger organization through business and stakeholder engagement, facilitation of information/training sessions, and exemplifying the spirit of agile.
Specific duties include (but not limited to):
• Serving as a peer mentor to other Scrum Masters and partnering with Agile Coaches to drive agility throughout the organization
• Coaching the team and the organization on how to apply Agile values and principles to delight customers
Coaching the team toward self-management and discovering how to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile derived frameworks
• Assisting the team in identifying and taking the next step on their agile journey, at a pace that is sustainable for the team and organization.
• Removing impediments while also coaching the team to develop the ability to remove impediments for itself
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating team discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information about the team, their product, and the value delivered to the business at regular intervals and/or as requested
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on refinement and maintaining a healthy product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Remote environment
Requirements and preferred skills:
- 6+ years of experience as a scrum master supporting multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques (Required)
- Ability to coach/mentor/support multiple scrum teams (must have multiple years of experience)- (huge requirement)
- Certified Scrum Master (Required)
- Knowledge and experience with Agile approaches - Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc. (Required)
- Advanced agile certifications (Preferred)
- Experience with facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment of teams, creating transparency, and servant leadership
- Familiarity and experience with Agile Tools - (e.g., ADO, Rally, Jira, TFS, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile software development approaches i.e., Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Polished communication skills when interacting with management and stakeholders
* Ability to serve as a leader of other Scrum Masters
* Team or people leadership
* Attention to detail
* This is a high energy role
"Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status."