Software Engineer - embedded design
The Senior Software Engineer will design, develop and support real time embedded software applications for a leading supplier of technology-based products and services for transportation industries.
- Analysis, design and development of software for real-time applications on a Linux-like platform using C. Simulators will use C#.
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software as per the company’s policies and procedures
- Working with a team to develop solutions and products that meet project/product requirements within the program schedule and budget constraints.
- Take an active role in systems analysis and design of real time applications, defining interfaces between system segments and software architecture and design.
- Facilitate support for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and validation testing.
- Triage reported issues to assess impact, determine work arounds and propose solutions
- Participate in various reviews on topics such as requirements, design and code.
- Some travel requirements to interface with customers, other project/product teams and/or to support field test.
Experience / Qualifications
- BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical/Electronic Engineering is required and MS in a similar discipline is a plus
- The candidate should have 7+ years of work experience in a software development team.
- A good understanding of Linux operating systems.
- A strong understanding of general network design principles including TCP/IP and UDP.
- Solid work experience with SCM, change management, defect tracking, software build and release processes.
- Experience in implementing a good development process including requirements tracing.
- Rail experience is a plus.
- Experience with DOORS and Rational Team Concert is a plus.
- Database experience is a plus.
- CENELEC experience is a plus.
- Safety systems experience is a plus.
- Team player and works well with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Self-driven, results oriented and a clear focus on high quality, self-motivated: these qualities are a must.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.