Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Software Engineer will join the Data Lake team with a focus on designing a comprehensive data model and developing the pipelines to support the DMDs growing business and enable it to scale its operations.
A successful candidate must be a self-starter, fast learner and able to be part of a cross-functional, SCRUM software development team. The candidate is a strong technology professional and software developer with significant experience with big data technologies and must also possess excellent analytical skills, with a focus on detail, quality, and accuracy. The position will include working with distributed business and technical resources, as well as external vendors to implement the components of the architecture.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Ability to grasp complex problems and develop a simple yet comprehensive solution that meets or exceeds the clients expectations.
• Ability to explain difficult or complex problems and solutions to varying audiences which allows them to understand and works to build consensus.
• Proactively shares experiences and knowledge to help the team improve its development processes and practices.
• Actively seeks challenging assignments, is genuinely excited by a challenge
• Collaboration with Product Owner, Scrum Master, DevOps, developers and testers in an Agile team environment with strong leadership I respect and cultivating of DMDs agile culture
• Develop deep expertise in the product and be passionate about creating the absolute best customer experience for the product
• Using first-hand customer information to improve products and services according to technical and product roadmap
* Being flexible and responsive to the clients and products changing needs
• Continually evaluates emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen DMDs technology platform and development practices
Spark Data Engineering, Scala, SQL
Required Skills & Experience - at least 3 years of experience in data engineering technologies with a minimum of 5+ years of software development experience.
• 3+ years of development experience with big data technologies
• 3+ years using Apache Spark (mainly with the SQL module)
• Advanced knowledge in programming languages such as Scala or Java
• Advanced knowledge of Scala unit testing
• Advanced knowledge in writing SQL (Hive Syntax)
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• Exposure to Cloud Service Providers (AWS)
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle
• Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use
• Experience in designing and building large scale enterprise data solutions
• Creative, attention to detail, multitasking and organizational capacity
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong technical, process and problem-solving proficiency
• Demonstrated business acumen, and cross-collaboration capabilities
• Ability to set and deliver on priorities and deal with a degree of ambiguity
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications capabilities
• Display organizational and emotional intelligence
• Able to hit the ground running with a can-do attitude
• Big Data Certification(s)
• Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence Team Collaboration Software
• Exposure to Medical / Pharmaceutical digital marketing industry