JOB TITLE: Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or Eagan, MN
DURATION: 1 year contract
BENEFITS: Medical, Vision, Dental after 2 months; 401(k) after 6 months
Open to US Citizens and Green Card Holders Only
• Develop amazingly efficient and effective software using Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs
• Enhance and maintain on prem and internal PAAS applications, and actively rework these to AWS along project timelines
• Help to design and implement serverless patterns from containerized applications
• Build industry standard APIs and help with establishing, consuming & routing calls, connectivity protocols and policy
• Design, develop and implement architecture patterns that are optimized for SLAs, reliability, and cost
• Look upstream and downstream to see around corners and anticipate future consequences for immediate technical choices
• Help to establish and grow a culture of software craftsmanship best practices, including TDD/BDD and Test Automation (both Unit and Integration), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
• Drive performance improvements including monitoring, detailed metrics, problems, trends, and costs, in order to determine solutions, required process changes, etc. that will make the function more efficient
• Ensure adherence to security standards and compliance with privacy rules and regulations early in the development
• Be aggressive to resolve and prevent technical debt
• Actively engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives, with an aim to continuously improve
• Collaborate frequently to share ideas and gain perspective. Communicate critical information in a clear and timely manner, listen to others, and seek clarification to confirm shared understanding
• Initiate and lead code reviews and continuous improvement efforts
• Create usable documentation/playbook(s)
• Effectively analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs – communicate these across the team
• Optimize pace and meet deadlines
• Administer product upgrades and patches
• Provide assistance and support other team members where required, including troubleshooting and maintenance of production systems/programs/applications
• 24/7 On-call support rotation function may be required
• 8+ years’ experience in Java, Full-stack development experience is required
• Experience working with GitHub and/or GitLab, SonarQube, JUnit, Spring Boot
• Skilled in writing, designing unit test cases using TDD and BDD methodologies
• Hands on experience of virtualizing services for test automation using tools such as Wire Mock, Mockito etc.
• Automation-minded: Hands on experience of designing and writing automated tests for backend applications and data flow, using tools such as Postman, REST Assured, Cypress, Ready API etc.
• Hands on experience of working with continuous integration tools such Jenkins, Tekton
• Broad hands on experience in AWS Cloud serverless components and ability to build and maintain cloud data processing systems (i.e. ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda, SQS/SNS, PostgreSQL, Dynamo, MSK etc.)
• Experience using relational and object databases and web service development standards and practices, including RESTful APIs, micro-services, and services
• Experience working in an agile development environment using workload management tools like VersionOne/Agility
• Expert troubleshooting and deployment experience with strong understanding of transforming business and functional requirements into efficient technical solutions
• Experience with system integrations, optimizing performance and data integrity
• Strong technical and non-technical communication skills. Assures smooth flowing, timely transmission of critical information.
• Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; individual should be able to resolve urgent problems in a calm and quick manner and display a high degree of initiative and drive
• Ability to be effective in a high stress environment
• Be flexible and embrace challenges that are outside of your comfort zone
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS) • Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, with 8+ years of relevant technical experience.
• Hands on experience of creating test reports from automation test run using tools such as cucumber report, Extent report etc.
• Experience with OpenShift
• Working knowledge of MQ
• AWS Certification is a plus
• DevOps and/or automation experience in code testing, building, and deployment a plus
• Experience building computer software within the airline industry is a plus
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.