Job Title: Senior Incident Manager
Direct Hire, Full Time
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ (Onsite 5 days per week)
Required Pay Scale:$117,000 to $120,000 annual Salary
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
The Incident Manager will have a broad IT background who is detail-oriented but can also see the "big picture" from an enterprise and ITIL framework standpoint. This candidate will be responsible for the Incident management process. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of all Incidents using defined risk-based analysis to ensure minimal disruption to IT systems and business processes. Incident Management follows the ITIL framework. You will be responsible for ITIL Incident management knowledge transfer to onshore and offshore production Control teams, establishing Incident reporting dashboards in ServiceNow, governance of technical SWAT Teams and hands-on Incident management. The candidate will provide weekly audits of Incidents SLAs and KPI reporting for proper Incident closure. The ideal candidate will have ITIL foundation certification and has a minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience with ITIL Incident Management framework implemented with ServiceNow.
Our team members are passionate, innovative, and collaborate in our goal of managing the IT lifecycle of all unplanned service interruptions. Our goal is to follow ITIL Incident Management Protocols and procedures by restoring IT service to normal operations as quickly as possible. No two days will be the same as you will work with technical and non-technical staff running incident resolution and utilizing standards to ensure that clients, solutions leaders, and affected parties receive timely communication and long-term solutions to the incidents. Bring your stellar communication here where you’ll communicate both through written and verbal methods to both technical resources as well as non-technical senior leaders, as well as multi-task while under pressure to remediate service as expeditiously as possible. Attention to detail is needed to ensure proper documentation is completed after resolving each service interruption.
What you will do:
-This role will be a 2nd shift – evening hours -> 12-9pm ET position.
· Formalize and enhance IT Incident framework (process and procedures), and deliver an ongoing training program for IT staff, business system owners, and business stakeholders
· Deploy and maintain IT processes to effectively support IT Incident management.
· Facilitate Card Services Incident Review Board (PRB) meetings and real-time decision-making. Ensure participation across functional groups, issue meeting summaries, and update Incident records with decisions resulting from the review meeting. Ensure that Incident records meet all requirements to increase success factors and reduce the risk and recurrence of incidents that impact service quality.
· Champion the investigation, discovery, analysis, testing, implementation, and documentation of Incidents in partnership with Functional/Technical/Business Leads to assure timely, accurate, and holistic resolution of the issues.
· Monitor and evaluate IT execution to proactively identify opportunities for Incident management to prevent incidents from occurring and drive service quality and availability.
· Own evidence-based metrics to demonstrate process effectiveness and make transparent controls.
· Ensure all identified workaround, root cause analysis, and remediation processes are documented and published to appropriate teams.
· Maintain the known error database and appropriate knowledge base entries related to Incident management.
· Analyze and categorize Incident records to determine the type of investigation, escalation, and/or remediation needed.
· Perform trend analysis of business-critical services and historical events to identify trends and proactive opportunities.
· Oversee best practices in establishing and maintaining IT controls. (e.g., source code control, IT training, risk identification and mitigation)
· Ensure communication of Incident records, findings, and remediation plans to business stakeholders on behalf of the IT function.
· Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained across Incident management processes, including monitoring and reporting.
· Develop process flow diagrams to support standard operating procedures.
· Responsible for key program management activities, milestones, and customer deliverable
What you will need to have:
· Experienced (5+ years) Incident Manager with proven command and control skills for active Incident management
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business management, or equivalent working experience
· ITIL Foundation or higher certification
· Proven Incident and Incident management SME
· Facilitate and support lessons learned reviews and track RCA and remediation items
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
-Required to be part of a rotating on call schedule that includes 20% weekend coverage.
What would be great to have:
· Expert level Microsoft EXCEL
· Experience coordinating offshore teams
· ServiceNow hands-on experience with report writer, Incident and Incident management functions
· Produce regular weekly and monthly KPI metrics for SLA, MTTR and other service management critical success factors.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600