Title: Sr. Java Architect
Duration: Full Time
Location: ONSITE Hybrid up to 3 days on Melbourne, FL or Atlanta, GA
Salary: Up to $175K (Dependent upon experience)
Relocation Assistance Available
Passenger Dispatch System
Automating the railroad monitoring system to ensure freights/locomotives traffic control
- Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to architecture for PDS product.
- Deliver Cloud Native Architecture for large Railroad for an Enterprise scale application that utilizes Microservices Software Development Principles.
- Work with customer and lead seamless integration with customer enterprise system and their operations.
- Understand security and compliance requirements; establish seamless integration with Cyber Security and Compliance teams. Support Cyber Security procedures for the product portfolio.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Dispatch technical architecture including tools, shared libraries, and runtime efficiency
- Educate the engineering population on best practices, as well as coach and mentor junior team members.
- Drive delivery of configurable product architecture to solve common problems driving towards product architecture vision. Deliver framework components and design guidelines for services and library components.
- Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Provide accurate and timely status of Content plan and current execution status to Wabtec engineering leadership
- Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
- Demonstrate excellent business acumen by keeping up to date on the latest industry trends and being looked to as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 10+ Years of experience in architecture, software design and cloud technologies
- Tech Stack:
- Microservices Architecture
- Springboot or Quarkus
- Red Hat technologies such as Quarkus, Open Shift, Red Hat SSO, RHEL
- Distributed Databases
- SQL, AMQP, Redis
- API Based Integrations with external systems
- CLIENT FACING ROLE:
- Communication is CRITICAL
- Big element of customer interaction
- Understanding the customer's systems, integrating Wabtec's product with the customer's external systems
- Handling the data migration
- Hands-on experience with cloud native technologies, deployment, and customer engagement.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments to others. Ability to break down complex problems and estimate level of effort.
- Understanding of microservice based and message driven architectures
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate difficult situations and accountability within a matrixed organization.
- Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may arise, and create solutions.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback, and implement change in process and procedures as needed.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600