Job Title: Java Backend Developer
Duration: 18 months
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ - Pref / Omaha, NE & Coral Springs, FL
Required Pay Scale: $70 - $85 pay rate range per hour
Type of interview: 3 Rounds, 1st coding test, 2-3rd rounds with pannel
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
What does an exceptional Sr. Backend Engineer do?
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be a part of small but growing team of hardworking people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of cutting edge back-of-house web applications, point-of-sale APIs, and Android client applications in a fast-paced result-oriented environment. An exceptional Senior Cloud Engineer merges wisdom in the field of back-end development with a teaching mindset and an understanding of the constraints and needs of the business to elevate the quality of the output of the entire team over time. They lead by example, prioritize quality, and help define the long-term architecture for the full suite of web applications.
As a Sr. Backend Engineer, you can look forward to:
• Installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, supporting, and troubleshooting all technical issues related to on premise and hosted environments for both desktop and mobile platforms.
• Working directly with business owners to understand business needs, define requirements, quote projects
• Building, testing, implementing, and launching the solutions proposed.
• Work directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure, and implement solutions to interface with various external systems.
• Being hands on with development and resolving of all technical issues within an on premise and hosted client environment.
• Working with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
• Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products; including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
• Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing
• Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
• Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
• Being highly motivated “self-starter” who is passionate about web development and is anxious to learn from other high-level web developers.
• Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong product setting.
• Developing back-end APIs using Node.js on AWS Lambda and Kubernetes Express based services
• Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban boards.
• 8+ years of hands-on experience in software development.
• 8+ years of Java development.
• 4+ years of relational database design & modeling.
• 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services or other cloud platforms.
• Advanced understanding of functional/prototype/object oriented based programming principles
• Solid grasp of software development patterns and their application in several programming languages.
• An advanced understanding of coding techniques which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
• A solid understanding of IT environments including networking, server technologies, databases, security, and performance.
• Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum.
• Extensive experience expanding and maintaining large data sets.
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline, e.g., GitHub Actions, CircleCi, Jenkins
• Experience with building Docker images for deployment
• Advanced understanding of microservice architecture.
• REST API design and development
• Experience working and building in microservice based paradigm
• Experience building distributed, service oriented, microservices-style and cloud-based application architectures.
• Containerization experience with application
Open in Omaha, NE and Coral Springs, FL as well.
- 7-10 Years exp in Java.
- NoSQL deep knowledge of Test-driven development.
- Containerization and Cloud Background.
- Microservices Architecture Experience required.
Java from AGP to a containerized system, currently looking into Spring boot) Cloud is required for this role. Leaning towards Azure.
Container used – Possibly Docker (still going through Software review)
No mobile platform just System to System inhouse
• AWS Lambda and Kubernetes Express dev. back-end APIs
• CI/CD pipelines like GitHub Actions, CircleCI, and Jenkins.
• Docker for containerization and deployment
• Agile SDLC / Scrum
• REST API d&d microservices
• Azure in addition to AWS
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600