Sr. Mechanical Application Engineer
Buffalo Grove IL
Designs and directs installation of mechanical or electromechanical products by performing the following duties.
Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs, which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Determines feasibility of designing new equipment considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
- Design and modify designs of electro pneumatic door actuation systems; sheet metal components, along with other design structures related to door systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mechanical Design - Ability to create production drawings form pre-existing models using model dimensions. Create new models based on pre-existing conditions.
- Mechanical Analysis - Have basic understanding of engineering statics.
- Mechanical Elements and Processes - Understand elements and processes such as fastener types.
- Practical knowledge of basic trigonometry, basic algebra and quadratic equations.
- Ability to utilize Creo – basic modeling and assembly, technical drawing standards and drafting practices, sections, detail views and exploded assemblies.
- Have basic proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Bachelors of Science degree (B. S.) in engineering with ten (10) years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.