Job Title: Splunk Engineer
Duration: W2 contract
Location: Raleigh, NC (3 days a week onsite)
Pay rate: $80-85/hr W2.
W2 candidates ONLY. C2C candidates will not be considered.
Splunk Onboarding of IAM Applications
1. Analyze and lead data onboarding requirement discussions with consumers of Splunk Enterprise to determine scope and feasibility
2. Integrate data streams, feeds from network, infrastructure services, mission critical/business applications into Splunk using the Splunk Universal Forwarder, Syslog, Splunk Heavy Forwarders and Splunk HEC Clusters.
3. Perform troubleshooting of existing feeds that are no longer collecting data (quiet source monitoring).
4. Interact with internal Splunk users base for the development, management and tuning of Splunk dashboards, knowledge objects, ad-hoc/scheduled searches and alerts.
5. Interpret and apply new technical and system capabilities as needed to provide updates, enhancements, and modifications to an existing Splunk environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
2. Current Certification as a Splunk Administrator
3. Applied experience building, troubleshooting and supporting Splunk Infrastructure and associated data feeds in a clustered, multi-site Linux environment.
3. 5 years of experience onboarding data to Splunk Enterprise (Hosted on-Premise)
4. 1 or more years of experience onboarding data to AWS and/or Azure cloud hosted Splunk Enterprise environments
- Three + years of experience with complex Splunk Deployment strategies that include standard and tiered Splunk deployment model, GitLab/GitHub, Ansible and/or Cribl.
2. Three + years of experience Architecting and Infrastructure Engineering Splunk in On-Premise, AWS and/or Azure cloud Splunk environments.
3. Current Certification as a Splunk Architect
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years,
Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500
companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we
can say that Matlen Silver technology has created solutions experience and legacy of success.
that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or
disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any
point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at:
[email protected] // 908-393-8600