Technical Service Representative
Location: Arlington, TX | Onsite
Duration: 12 months +
Pay Rate: $23.50/hr
Manage relationships with both manufacturing and engineering at customer sites; maintain key communication regarding daily projects, line issues and future planning via meetings and daily communication. Provide technical direction and assistance to customers on the use of product lines; serves as an expert in a single technology or applies a working knowledge of multiple technologies and may involve multiple sites. Respond to questions and concerns regarding product lines and general operations; involves complex situations that require basic project management to resolve situations. Troubleshoot & resolve painting issues and problems by provide recommendations on issues related to product, application, inventory, and general paint process to help the customer overcome line problems.
- Utilize resources such as prior training, experience, GBT and other TSS’s.
- Gather data and material samples for analysis, testing, and reporting.
- Communicate with appropriate departments for daily updates on paint consumption, invoices, inventory, and paint ordering.
- Communicate data collection including (but not limited to): Viscosity and Temperature data, appearance data using Wave Scan and film build collection devices.
- Collect and understand how to analysis the data.
- Regularly report data collection results summary internally and to the customer if required.
- Notify appropriate parties if data reveals results outside of expectations.
- Serves as a liaison with sales by interacting with line and management personnel, developing a complete understanding of needs and operations, and providing observations and leads to sales; receives direction from other personnel.
- Serves as an operational advisor to customers by applying general quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality and efficiency; supports monthly plant quality reports for customers.
- Make recommendations regarding specification ranges (i.e., viscosity) and quality ranges (i.e., appearance limits, color tolerances).
- Prepare customer demand forecast; successfully manage onsite inventory and product orders for customer(s) plants.
- Support customer projects (LWRs, FWRs, EPMs) Define requirements regarding test requests to GBT via LWR and follow up with chemist for all details.
- Review and understand results. If requested report out results with customer.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- High School diploma is required.
- Additional education/college degree in Engineering/Technical field is highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of automotive coatings application and/or automotive coatings manufacturing experience.
- Additional experience with automotive painting equipment is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate must understand technical (lab, research, etc.) principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment while handling multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to adapt to flexible shifts and required overtime.
- Hours are:
- 1st Shift - 6:00am-2:30pm
- 2nd Shift - 2:00pm - 10:30pm
- 3rd Shift - 10:00pm - 6:30-am
- The hire will be trained on all shifts so initial rotation will be required often.
- Saturdays are mandatory once trained and we work all of them except in front of a major holiday.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.