Job Title: Oracle + Exadata Developer
Duration: 12-18 months
Location: Dallas, TX, Greater NY, Pennington NJ, Charlotte, NC
Required Pay Scale: $65 - 70 hr
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
We are looking for a developer who possesses strong experience in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL with Exadata.
• Developing and delivering complex software requirements to accomplish business goals.
• Ensuring software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements.
• Coding solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements
• Ensuring solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust, and well-tested interfaces.
• Becoming familiar with development and testing practices of the bank.
• Contributing to story refinement and defining/clarifying requirements.
• Participating and guiding team in sizing/estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle.
• Performing spike/proof of concept efforts as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas.
• Utilizing multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements.
• Assisting team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work.
• Contributing to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance)
• Performing analysis of test reports, identifying any test issues/errors, and Triaging underlying cause.
• Documenting and communicating required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality.
• Participating, contributing, and coaching team members in the delivery/release (CI-CD) events. e.g., branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes.
• Strong software engineering skills with deep hands-on programming experience in database programming and design using SQL, PL/SQL using Oracle 19c or better (5-7 years)
o In-Depth knowledge of database concepts and hands-on experience in:
? Oracle SQL
? Oracle PL/SQL
? Database Objects
? Database design and development
? Full life-cycle development experience working in data centric applications such as data warehouse, data mart, operational data store, etc. ecosystem including data modelling through final solution.
• Ability to perform analysis of performance bottlenecks, propose options, and implement performance tuning recommendations for Oracle database queries/code and batch processes.
• Expertise with Oracle Exadata
o Familiar with Oracle Exadata and benefits
o Expertise in Exadata Smart Storage, Smart Scan, and Cell Offload with ability to explain these features and benefits of using Exadata
o Strong experience working with Exadata
• Experience in financial services industry, especially with Bank of America, is a plus.
• In-Depth knowledge of database concepts and hands-on experience in:
o Linux/Unix shell scripting
o Debugging and modifying existing application
o Database design and development
o Installing configuration of applications and maintaining environments
o Batch scheduling software such as Autosys
o External Tables and Directories
o Data Modelling
o Data Dictionary
o Common Packages such as UTLFile, DBMS_OUTPUT
o Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600