Title: Verification Engineer - Avionics Platform Computing Systems
Location: Grand Rapids MI
USC or Green card ONLY
Come join a global leader in Aviation pushing the envelope in cutting-edge technologies!
The Platform Computing Systems (PCS) Verification Engineer is responsible for the verifying PCS Computing Products. The PCS Verification Engineer is expected to have significant system level avionics verification experience.
The PCS Verification Engineer position will perform system level, dry-run, laboratory testing of PCS products following previously developed draft test procedures. Following dry-run testing, the PCS Verification Engineer will perform formal verification testing that incorporates any updates made during the dry run effort. The PCS Verification Engineer will use test equipment to perform testing in the company's Grand Rapids laboratory. This role requires strong analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills. Expectations are that the PCS Verification Engineer will be self-motivated, willing to learn, detail-oriented, and able to work collaboratively with others in a process-centric environment.
In addition, the Lead Systems Engineer will:
- Convey the status and performance of the verification testing to key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the product development teams to correct any issues found during testing
- Capture problem reports when testing points to issues with the product’s design or requirements
- Update test procedures to ready them for formal verification testing
- Perform formal verification in a process regulated manner
- Develop a deep knowledge of the company computing products
- Understand technical, safety, customer, and business requirements for the products being tested
- Communicate with key stakeholders about progress and issues regarding the testing being performed
Absolute Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other technical / science discipline.
- Hands-on integration or verification testing experience involving avionics systems (both hardware and software)
- Experience with test equipment, software tools, and scripting languages (Python, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Experience with DOORs requirements management and RTC defect tracking tools
- Familiarity with GE Aviation Synergy software
- Familiarity with GE engineering standards like ENG-PRO-002
- Familiarity with aspects of aviation and avionics systems engineering including standard like SAE ARP-4754A, DO-178B/C, DO-297, and DO-254
- Ability to generate verification metrics
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, global environment
- Ability to engage and build positive relationships with colleagues