Job Title: Application Support Specialist
Duration: C2H - 6 Months
Location: Springs, FL | Berkeley Heights, NJ
Required Pay Scale: $50-70/hour
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
Looking for a support Specialist that can focus on the daily care and feeding of our financial technology environment. Identifying failed jobs, recovering batch processes, monitoring / writing Splunk alerts, identifying future problems. Configuring Dynatrace. Strategically analysing the recovery process. Identifying improvements in our processes, increasing efficiency in recovery and frequency of issues. Also working on development to concentrate on Continuous improvement opportunities.
- Java Support responsibilities include debugging and developing/troubleshooting a solution for our in-house application. You will be interacting with our clients all over the globe on need basis.
- You require to:
- Debug and do RCA
- Understand the code flow and application functions
- Understand the points/replication steps given by the L1 team
- Correct the existing code if required which should be well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications along with the company specification.
- Capable of creating RCA
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies
- SLA adherence with respect to keeping clients happy
- Should be an excellent team player and should be able to take responsibility for the ticket
- Provide L2 support for the issues escalated by the L1 team.
- Graduation in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or should be excellent in Java development and debugging
- Proven hands-on Software/Application support with core Java
- Proven working experience in core Java development.
- Proven working experience in Developer or Application support Role
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing/debugging applications using Java EE platforms
- Object-Oriented Analysis and debug using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of core Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc.) will be added advantage
- Experience with test-driven development
- Excellent debugging skills, Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Version Control Systems like SVN, GIT, TFS, etc..
- Excellent client-facing skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600