Job Title: Business Analyst
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Jersey City, Pennington NJ, Charlotte NC, Dallas TX
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
Data Heavy BA
Looking to hire a business analyst to help support the banks progress towards business agility. This person will work closely with software development teams that are responsible for building & maintaining our technical applications. The candidate will be responsible for agile program management, reporting, requirements, design, implementation, testing, and support of various projects. Candidate will also assist with general project duties such as requirements gathering, test script writing, QA/UAT testing new system capabilities, documentation writing, etc. The ideal candidate is a passionate business analyst who enjoys working on technology projects and being part of a skill group with like-minded agile professional.
• Project Scope documentation
• Identification and refinement of requirements
• Tracking and reporting of project status/deliverables
• Documenting and producing project artifacts
• Management of project roadmap
• Coordination with development teams on resource allocation
• Change Management (scope, dates, etc.)
• Communication plan creation and execution
• System Testing and supporting User Acceptance Testing
• Release Management Support
• Solid communication and presentation skills.
• 5-8 yrs experience as a Business Analyst
• General technical skills - has the ability to write SQL.
• Understands the basics of software engineering and database design.
• Superb communication skills - both verbal and written.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to quickly learn new business concepts. Must be able to identify problems and recommend solutions.
• Dedicated sense of ownership and has the ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
• Ability to influence and negotiate within a matrix organization.
• Team Player, but also has the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills ( Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project)
• Jira & Confluence usage.
• Previous experience working in a financial institution is a huge plus.
• Agile related certifications - SAFe Scrum Master, CSM, PSM
• Familiar with Enterprise Change Management best practices
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage Risk.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600