Contracts/Sourcing Manager - IT Software
Temp to perm
Will handle software contract renewals, manage the info from IT department, gather the requirement via SharePoint, contact the person submitting it, outline the timeline it takes to complete the contract.
Multitask/different projects at the same time. 10-15 items at the same time. Strong communication, Strong contract negotiation knowledge, exp working with legal. Keep track on who has the action items and due date.
Interview: Video 2 rounds.
• Lead and manage category and sourcing plan execution globally while serving as a change leader, removing barriers and obstacles, ensuring timely execution of sourcing plans and reporting savings that meet or exceed globally defined objectives and outcomes.
• The candidate will be responsible for partnering and act as a trusted advisor to the executive leadership and functional leadership to drive strategic sourcing and supply management.
• Category Knowledge: Extensive knowledge in Enterprise Software Sourcing (Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, IBM). A preferred candidate will be experienced in several of the sub-categories include Saas.
• Strategic Sourcing: Proven expertise with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization.
• Skills and Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of category management practices and principles. Demonstrated / proven skills and knowledge required to contribute to a Global Procurement organization.
• Span of Control: Depending on the candidates experience level this may be an individual contributor role or manager with 1-3 direct reports. The position is global in scope and be expected to manage a total expenditure of $100M- $200M. The individual must understand and be an expert in developing global strategies including through the lens of a local market/country to ensure the implementation meets the all business requirements.
• As Global Procurement influence is still growing within the role will need to work closely with the functional business unit heads to create value added category strategies and hold strong sourcing events. The candidate will need to have very strong interpersonal, communications and problem-solving skills as they will interact with very senior and high profiled leaders. They should display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management and operational procurement.
Category Management & Delivery
• Personally develops, leads, and manages larger sub-categories.
• Develops an end-to-end category strategy, mapping out the current landscape and defining an improvement plan for the near, mid and long-term to stimulate interest from and engagement with stakeholders.
• Activities such as: market research, demand management, specification development, spend analytics, category strategy development, business case development, negotiation, E-Procurement & E-auctions, Supplier relationship management, and stakeholder engagement.
• Deliver procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve Post Contract Management (PCM), KPI & SLA development and tracking, Stakeholder engagement, Communications, Risk and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
• Utilize established tools/systems & adherence to policies (Ariba)
• Feed success stories into overall Global Procurement communications.
Client/Internal Stakeholder Relations
• Demonstrating value delivery to a target audience of VP/Sr. Dir / Dir level stakeholders to reinforce stakeholder buy-in.
• Be able to engage leaders to gain insights and perspective.
• Understand business area needs, strategies and priorities and service accordingly.
• Ability to explain Global Procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of Supplier Relationship Management participation in post contract management.
• Demonstrate Conduent values in all relationships (including Suppliers).
• As the Procurement Leadership Team is responsible for business-wide engagement, this role is equally responsible for the credibility and reputation of Global Procurement as a value-adding team. Selling Procurement is a key part of this role.
• Specifically, where the business is not engaged, or late, finds ways of improving engagement and develops a plan of action.
• Ability to address urgent needs of the business effectively and efficiently.
• Ensure Global Procurement is a commercial asset and not just a compliance function.
• Champion and enact pan-business sourcing to leverage Conduents buying power.
• Show the business how to make their budgets go further or get more for less.
• Be knowledgeable in best procurement practice for the category (sub-categories)
• Co-develop and execute sourcing strategies with the business, expertly advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics and tools (e.g. outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, E-auctions, KPI/SLA development).
Processes, Metrics & Execution
• Track progress against objectives; refine and develop audience-specific updates.
• Use market research to ensure that Conduent stays abreast of latest market cost/value/innovation developments per Category.
• Work in collaboration with Global Internal Audit/Risk and other functions to ensure compliance to policies and audit remediation.
• Responsible for the negotiation and contract management process, including facilitating extended team members involvement (e.g. Legal, Quality, Tax, Security, and Data Privacy).
• Responsible to the stakeholder for the timely procurement of contract services required for company operations.
• Create, prioritize and plan a pipeline of opportunities to deliver the saving objectives
• Overall follow the Procurement Operating Model for disciplined execution
• Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure alignment & solicit feedback.
• Develop and maintain an annual Supplier management plan, including forecasted spend, savings expectations and performance objectives.
• Develop and manage a Supplier Relationship Management program to include Business reviews, Scorecards (Supplier Performance Ratings), and Risk Management.
• Enable Conduent to get the best out of its suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business.
• Help the Business conduct post contract management (PCM) and facilitate Supplier relationship management (SRM) with key (top 20%) Suppliers.
• Ensure Procurement, the Business, and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and within the Companys Anti Bribery and Corruption and FCPA guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice.
• Encourage Supplier Diversity.
Experience and Education Requirements
• BA or BS required; MBA preferred.
• Procurement qualifications are a plus (e.g. CSPM, APP, ISM, IPMM or MCIPS).
• Demonstrated ability of working with and managing cross functional teams in a global, complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
• 10 + years of experience in category management and strategic sourcing.