Commercial Business Analyst (BA) Data & Analytics
Detroit, MI - Hybrid schedule
Reporting to the Director in Business Systems responsible for Data & Analytics, this position will assist Operations with the delivery of reporting and analytics solutions mainly for our Commercial business as we transition our portfolio to the new Advantage platform. Primary responsibilities include the grooming and prioritization of a backlog of operational reporting requirements, from initial elaboration through to user testing, distribution and demonstration at time of product launch. The ideal candidate will act as product owner through successive Agile sprints, liaising with developers, solution architects and technical leads to ensure that business requirements and priorities remain at the forefront. Furthermore, they will be the key point of contact for a variety of stakeholders, including customers in the fields of finance and accounting, portfolio management, credit administration, supplier management, remarketing, collections, and onboarding. The product owner will play a pivotal role in understanding both the nuances of the business requirements and the technical capabilities of the reporting and analytical tools available, facilitating understanding and collaboration between the customer and the IT department.
- Manage a backlog of 100+ operational reporting requirements, ensuring strong prioritization, clear documentation, and aggressive solutioning through successive Agile sprints and project releases
- Liaise with IT resources, including developers, modelers and tech leads, to ensure that business requirements, mockups and WHY statements are translated into effective and intuitive reporting solutions
- Act as primary point of business contact, providing clarification and status updates throughout the lifecycle, and facilitating meetings and touchpoints for collaboration
- Become a subject matter expert on the front-end usage and navigation of key reporting tools (IBM Cognos, Power BI). Provide job aids and demonstration sessions for other end-users
- Translate requirements into strong business recommendations for associated reporting models, frameworks, and tools
- Assist end-users and BAs with the elaboration of business use cases, WHY statements, acceptance criteria, test cases for validation, and final distribution requirements
- Expand and embellish backlog with post-production defect tickets and enhancement requests, prioritizing these together with the original scope
- Maintain list of key contacts throughout the organization, so that blockers can be escalated to upstream horizontals, and dependent action items assigned
- Represent the reporting team on Change Governance boards, project meetings, scrum ceremonies, and new initiatives
- Leverage JIRA analytics to report status and scope to respective BAs, Product Owners, End Users and Project Leaders as requested
- Support and/or lead risk related investigations and analysis when needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.