Works closely with other application SMEs to build and maintain accurate application service maps as well as support the ServiceNow Discovery process.
- Designs, develops, and implements custom patterns to achieve a complete and accurate mapping of infrastructure components and application services.
- Monitors service mapping results, reconciling and addressing any anomalies.
- Works with Service Owners and SMEs to ensure that accurate service maps are discovered and maintained.
Must Haves / Required Skills:
- Fundamental understanding of networking including TCP/IP ports, firewalls, Network Protocols and IP networks.
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix commands, SUDO permissions
- Basic understanding of cloud based discovery (internal & external) and discovery for other CI types.
- Understanding about CMDB discovery and their error resolution based on Service Mapping errors and issues.
- Strong knowledge of ServiceNow modules such as Service Mapping, Discovery, CMDB, Incident, Change.
- Intermediate understanding of application architecture and their relations with other application components.
Skills / Experience That Are A Plus
“nice to have”, but not necessarily required:
Working knowledge on clearing CMDB discovery related issues such as duplicate CIs, Port Issues and permission issues etc. to support the service mapping process.
- Fundamental knowledge of ServiceNow Event Management module and other ITSM modules.
ServiceNow Certifications preferred: Service Mapping, Discovery, CMDB, Implementation, Admin