We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Test Engineer who has experience working on New Product Development Tests for our client who specializes in manufacturing solutions for transit buses. This is a direct hire opportunity with room for growth and our client offers tuition assistance to anyone interested in pursuing a graduate degree after their first year. The right candidate for this position will spend 50% of their time at their desk, reviewing specs, designing, writing tests, and then after tests, completing the reports. The other 50% is all hands-on in the test shop. If you like testing products to the extremes, this role is perfect for you!
The test engineer will interact with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Will identify functional problems and suggest resolutions, and assist in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. Will analyze test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the latest codes and new developments in testing and Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions.
- Assists in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the existing and planned approaches and methods for manufacturing products or product components.
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for designing, building and managing the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associate phases, activities and deliverables for manufacturing new or enhancing existing products.
- Ability to design, plan and execute testing strategies and tactics to ensure product quality at all stages of manufacturing.
- Knowledge and associated ability to apply technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems and processes that safely realize a desired objective or invention.
Requirements: Person has to be "hands on"
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineer from a four - year college or university
- Ability to read and interprit blueprints, schematics, and measuring equipment
- Previous LabView and PLC experience
- Experience with writing test plans and reports
- Knowledge of hand tools/power tools, and oscilloscopes
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600