Our client’s Global Technology and Operations division in Jersey City, NJ is seeking a senior Python Software Engineer to assist in the developing and supporting of a Regulatory Transaction Reporting applications across multiple jurisdictions and asset classes for OTC Derivatives and FX products.
The candidate should have a solid experience in development, and will be responsible for contributing to all phases of the SDLC including analysis, design, development, unit test, QA, UAT, and also tier-2 production support.
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Work closely with lead developers to implement Python application architectures and designs.
• Maintain existing applications to support operations.
• Produce documents including design documents, and class diagrams.
• Perform testing with technical peers and functional end users to ensure successful launch of development projects.
• Out of hours support when needed.
• Promote quality engineering and good coding practices across the company.
SKILLS WE LOOK FOR:
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 2 years minimum Python programming language (not as scripts)
• BS in Computer Science or higher
• Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
• Experience in writing unit, integration and acceptance tests
• Agile development life-cycle experience
• Strong knowledge of SDLC
• Experience in building and using RESTful APIs.
• Strong Python experience in a development facility like SecDB or Athena.
• Distributed message system design/development.
• Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Exposure to Front and Middle Office functions and controls and understanding of regulatory rules and applications.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.