Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer – Manual
Duration: 6 Months
Location: ***Onsite 5 days a week***
- Berkeley Heights (primary)
- Omaha (secondary)
- last option: Potentially Denver, CO for a rockstar candidate (he would have to try and get an exception from the executives, he’s not afraid to ask for exceptions, but he can’t guarantee he’ll get any)
Required Pay Scale: $40-45/hr
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
- Must haves:
- At least 1-3 years of experience okay, 5 years of experience preferred
- Needs someone that is very confident on the manual side- experience writing test plans, writing manual scripts, good instinctive manual testing skills
- Web testing
- Some SQL experience – doesn’t need them to be experts
- someone that can handle a very fast paced environment
- solid communication skills
- able to shift/flexibility
- solid SDLC background
- Career growth: Next position up would be a lead
- 1st round is a 30-minute interview (more of a meet & greet)
- 2nd round is a 60-minute interview + some of his seasoned team leads (more of a technical interview)
What does a great Senior Quality Assurance Engineer do?
You will have a crucial role in helping the organization reduce risk and deliver high quality software applications. Key activities for this position include:
• Work with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required
• Define and execute test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications
• Lead and participate in test planning and quality review sessions
• Oversee the writing of test cases/scripts which may include application, network, system, regression, and user acceptance testing
• Lead test projects with minimal supervision
• Participate in daily calls as needed for coordination of efforts.
• Perform technical testing activities including planning, design, scripting, and execution, debugging and reporting
• Create and execute manual tests for large projects.
• Research new tools and testing approaches.
• Perform post-test execution activities including error debugging, and internal and external communications
• Assist with testing execution for all system components, including functional and integration testing, ensuring traceability from requirements to test cases, documenting test cases and generating reports, generating software quality related metrics
• Work with multiple programs and systems on projects of high complexity
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring, and training to less experienced individuals.
• Provide quality and test advocacy.
• Perform planning, organizing, monitoring, and oversight of all phases of testing.
• Work closely with project manager and others to ensure business testing requirements are being met.
• QA Project Leadership duties
o Lead preparation of business scenarios and required test scripts, including identification of needed master and transactional data to execute end-to-end testing
o Facilitate test meetings and escalating issues/concerns to the project management team as needed.
o Monitor issues and defects for trends and provide metrics to the project management team
o Responsible for the oversight of requirement traceability throughout all test phases
o Participate in requirements and design walkthroughs to understand the testing needs and raise questions to clarify as needed
o Manage risks associated with testing, taking preventative action when risks become unacceptable
o Manage stakeholder relationships with respect to all testing matters
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5 years’ experience testing web applications
• Experience using SQL for test data creation and verification
• Experience with test case development and execution tools such as Jira Test Management, qTest, or other
• Journeyman knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes.
• Understanding of the key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of information systems
• Self-starting and comfortable with independently creating test plans and test scenarios with minimum assistance using application and requirement documentation
• Works well with ambiguity and changing requirements
• Drives continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
• Must be US citizen or Green Card holder and will need to pass a US Government background check.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- Knowledge of Jira, SharePoint, Workday and or corporate based type applications.
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Microsoft BI, Jira dashboards, Excel pivot tables, etc.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: [email protected] // 908-393-8600