Job Title: Senior Production Support Engineer
Duration: 12 - 18 months
Location: Chicago, IL / New York, NY
(Remote to Start due to Covid-19)
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to W2 candidates***
Working closely with trading and sales desks the candidate will be responsible for the support of Flow Credit and Munis trading with specific focus on in-house applications and flows to external ECNs to cover trade life-cycle, trade capture, risk management and PnL. First point of contact for all traders and front office personnel to resolve issues with trader tools and any business related information quality which may have fiscal impact if not resolved quickly.
The individual should be able to support solutions efficiently and effectively, and demonstrate strong communications skills. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task and prioritise accordingly in a fast paced and demanding environment. They must be results oriented, high levels of service delivery and commitment is a must.
- Good understanding of Bonds, Credit derivatives and the trade life cycle (Munis, CDS, Index, Index Options).
- Strong understanding of Electronic trading, STP (straight thru processing) and Trade negotiation
- Provide first level/desk facing support for users of Credit Derivatives and Cash (Bond) applications.
- Work closely with users, answering their queries and raising development requests as they are presented.
- Escalation and timely resolution of production issues, using fundamental problem management disciplines
- Liaise between Credit applications users and technology teams to address user queries and issues
- Perform analysis around new requirements or improvements to the current system based on analysis and feedback from key traders and Trade assistants
- Develop and Maintain documentation for reference as a knowledge base for training and incident mgt
• Financial industry experience especially in the Fixed Income ( Bonds, Credit derivatives, ETF business) and product knowledge specifically aimed at front office Trading
• Linux, Python and SQL based application platforms
• Knowledge of monitoring tools and instrumentation (e.g. Geneos ITRS)
• Good knowledge of ITIL processes: Incident, Problem, Knowledge management
• Knowledge of scripting languages: Python, Perl, shell scripting
• Experience with one or more: electronic trading, trade capture, trade life cycle, market data, risk and regulatory reporting
• ECN connectivity knowledge - Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess
**For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
About Matlen Silver
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.